Wed, 25 March 2020
We weren't planning to record an episode this week, but then we (the Hudsons) cancelled our Spring Break trip, and the country pretty much shut down, and suddenly that empty podcast calendar looked like a bit of an opportunity. SO. On this week's episode Melanie and I are so happy to get to talk to our great friend Travis Cottrell, also known as FryDaddy here on the podcast. Travis is a worship leader, a gifted singer and songwriter, and the brother Melanie and I didn't even know we were missing until around 2007. He also happens to be one of the funniest people we know.
It won't be a surprise to listen and realize that our conversation is all over the place, but the up side of that is that we cover a lot of ground. We discuss what we're cooking during the quarantine, share our favorite snacks (salty and sweet), and ponder whether or not we should be trying on our jeans every couple of days to make sure they still fit. We also talk about how we became friends and whether the three of us have ever thought about doing a live show together (short answer: yes ma'am). :-)
Hope y'all enjoy!
- White Bean, Orzo, and Spinach soup (Melanie added Italian sausage to the recipe)
- Inside Studio G with Garth and Trisha (this is just a clip - the whole video isn't up any more)
- The Road I'm On - the best TV of 2020
- Travis' most recent album, Spirit Rise
- Melanie's most recent book, On the Bright Side
- Psalm 46
- Coram Deo (1992)