Wed, 7 August 2019
We kick off this episode with some awe and maybe a tiny bit of lamenting that our kids are officially licensed drivers, which is totally surreal but at least gives us opportunities to watch them swing and catch their keys a lot while they contemplate where they'd like to go next. As teenagers do.
We also talk about a few books I've read lately, some books Melanie is about to read, and some shows that have grabbed our attention. We have a lengthy discussion about this last season of The Real Housewives of New York City, and all I know to say about that is please don't judge us for having such sophisticated television taste.
Last thing: at the end of this episode there's a clip of this month's Patreon Q&A, and if you haven't joined us on Patreon yet, well, come on over. The first bonus episode will be out on Friday, August 9th. The Q&A, which is the second bonus episode, will be out on Monday, August 20th.
Happy 148, everybody! Hope y'all enjoy.
- O-ring keyring (if you need to buy a gift for teenage girl who's a driver, here's your answer)
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Beverly Hills, 90210 - the reboot
- The Big Boo Amazon Shop (As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.)
- Simple Contacts (promo code BIGBOO20 for $20 off your first order)
- FabFitFun (promo code BIGBOO for 20% off your first subscription box)