Tue, 2 June 2020
Y'all come to us for lighthearted nonsense, so we did our best to provide a little of that this week. We also took some time to put the lighthearted stuff in context at the beginning of the episode, and we hope you'll hear our hearts as we do that.
So as always, we hope there will be points in this episode where you laugh. But after you listen, we hope that you'll join us in praying for justice and healing in our nation.
We remember George Floyd.
We remember Ahmaud Arbery.
We remember Breonna Taylor.
"Do you know what I want?
We love y'all.
- Brownicity - an anti-racism curriculum by Dr. Lucretia Berry (there's an initial intro video about the way the course is structured, but each participant works through the curriculum independently - and there is also a curriculum for kids)
- An incredible discussion with Priscilla Shirer and Dr. Tony Evans
- Family Savvy Black Bean, Corn & Feta Dip
- Family Savvy Houston's Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Family Savvy Strawberry Brownies
- Bacon Wrapped Brown Sugar Crusted Little Sausages
- Ellen DeGeneres Chambray Denim Romper
- Athletic Works Tank Top in regular and plus sizes
- Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich
- Ben Platt's "Take Me to the Pilot"
- All Things Reconsidered by Knox McCoy
- Penguin Random House - Beyond the Break (follow the link for a free excerpt)
- Thrive Causemetics (use the promo code BIGBOO for 15% off your first order)
Direct download: thebigboocastjune42020.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:09pm CDT