Mon, 7 August 2017
I think it was last summer when Melanie and I first talked about Last Chance U. We both binge-watched season one of the Netflix series, and in addition to discussing it on the podcast, there were several times when we talked on the phone about it because we were so fascinated by a certain player or could not believe how someone reacted. Then, in episode 78 I mentioned that I'd watched season 2 and found it just as magical as season 1 (though, as I have often pointed out, the language is terrible).
Anyway. All that to say: you can imagine our delight when Brittany Wagner, the academic counselor on LCU, agreed to be our special guest on episode 79.
It was THE MOST FUN.
So, in this episode, Melanie and I talk to Brittany about football and clothes and beauty products. (I should mention that I make a critical error and identify Mississippi State's season where they were ranked #1 as the 2015 season...but it was 2014...so I beg a thousand pardons.) We also hear about some of the players she'll be watching play D-1 this fall - and how her new career adventure got started (it's such a neat story). After Melanie and I finish our conversation with Brittany, we launch into a discussion about music, what we're cooking, and a whole host of unrelated items.
In other words: business as usual.
Here's where you can get more info on the stuff / products / places we mention:
- Last Chance U - GQ article from 2014
- Ronald Ollie (spoiler if you haven't watched the show yet)
- Dakota Allen (spoiler if you haven't watched the show yet)
- 2013 Egg Bowl (the beginning of my irrational maternal affection for Dak Prescott)
- 10K Pencils (Brittany's new company)
- Frozen (and here's a post I (Sophie) wrote about some of the reasons I loved it so much)
- Teddie Organics Rose Hip Oil (I've started using it since we recorded this podcast, and I AM A CONVERT)
- Too-Faced Better than Sex mascara
- Hummingbird Farms lavender body oil
- Nichole Nordeman's Every Mile Mattered
- All in All playlist (and here on Apple Music)
- The Popcast - "More Nos of Weddings"
- Melanie's new book - Church of the Small Things
- Sophie's new journaling devotional - All in All
- Melanie on Twitter and Instagram
Direct download: thebigboocast79.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:43pm CDT