Sun, 26 August 2018
As you (might) know, I'm working with a different computer these days, and somewhere in this new-to-me version of Garage Band (which is what I use to edit) I have somehow changed myself to a setting that is likely called "DJ From The 1970s." Melanie sounds quite normal, but I have an echo that will take you straight to the disco, and I have no idea how to fix it. I just know that it makes me sound like I recorded my part of the episode in a tiled bathroom. WELCOME TO EXCELLENCE, everyone.
Despite the reverb, though, we plow our way through some topics. We talk about the heat (what? you're surprised?), we talk about SEC football, we talk about recent annoyances, and we delve into some strong feelings that we didn't even know we had.
Please do enjoy.
Here's where you can get more info on the stuff / products / places we mention:
- KIND Kids Bars (promo code BOOCAST for 20% off your first order)
- PrepDish (promo code BIGBOO for 2 weeks free)
- Simple Contacts (promo code BIGBOO20 for 20% off your first order)
Thu, 9 August 2018
It's been a couple of weeks, so Melanie and I play catch-up in this episode. We talk about a unique challenge I'm facing this weekend, the technological heartbreak of late last week, and why a pep talk from other writers is a very sweet thing indeed.
We also talk about the launch of Melanie's new book, Fearless Faith, and discuss this fall's fashion trends (or lack thereof). We also mourn the continued elusiveness of Melanie's much-desired Sam Edelman Camellia boots, so we trust you'll remember her in your prayers.
- Fearless Faith - Melanie's brand-new devotional book for girls
- Universal Studios (one of Sophie's favorite places on earth)
- The Popcast Live in Chicago with Knox and Jamie (come see us!)
- Simple Contacts (promo code BIGBOO for $20 off your first order)
- Casper (promo code BIGBOO for $50 off select mattresses)