Sat, 18 November 2017
So, full disclosure - we recorded this podcast episode over a week ago, but then I (Sophie) went out of town last weekend for speaking stuff and this past week was jam-packed and I just got around to editing and recording the sponsor stuff and etc. Better late than never, I guess. And for your sake it's probably better that you don't have to listen to my post- Alabama / Mississippi State heartbreak. What a game that was.
As far as this episode goes, we have A LOT OF THOUGHTS about November heat, social media, the anger that results from wearing Spanx (Melanie has a fantastic term for that), and college football. There's also some talk about a cat with a jar on its head.
- Tasty video for Halloween treats (this video made Sophie irrationally angry
- Bobbi Brown Plum Brandy lipstick (Sophie's new favorite)
- Hummingbird Farms Big Boo Box ($49 price won't show up until you use coupon code mentioned in this episode)
- Hummingbird Farms Big Boo Too Box ($49 price won't show up until you use coupon code mentioned in this episode)
Thu, 2 November 2017
This time around we discuss the Mississippi State / A&M game, the Astros' win in the World Series, and the glory of a redemptive sports moment.
(This is the GIF Melanie texted Sophie during the State / A&M game.)
(This is the GIF Melanie tweeted after the Astros' victory.)
(You can see the contrast.)
We also talk Sol Dance (edited to add: pretty sure that I said Selena Gomez instead of Demi Lovato, but that is understandable since I am 104 and had also just read news that Selena and the Biebs are back together), the reality of life with our high-maintenance dogs, and Sophie's simmering jealousy about the fact that Melanie has calves that will fit into any boot. There might also be about ten minutes where we look at the Free People website and talk about the stuff that we like.
So. You know. Super important, deeply serious things.
<strong>Here's where you can get more info on the stuff / products / places we mention:</strong>
- Gap striped sleep leggings - Melanie's fall and winter ministry
- Sam Edelman "Camellia" boots - a boot unicorn
- We the Free Blossom Thermal (the shirt Sophie loves but doesn't think is long enough)
Happy Weekend, everybody!