Wed, 18 March 2020
Melanie and I are always thrilled when we get to have a guest on the podcast, and it's an extra thrill when that guest is Beth Moore, who just so happens to be one of our heroes. As most of you know, Beth is a writer, a ministry leader, and a straight-up Twitter prophetess. She's also wife to Keith, mom to Melissa and Amanda, and Bibby to her beloved grandchildren. Melanie and I are honored to call her a friend and consider her the Bible teacher of our lives.
In this episode we talk about Beth's new book, Chasing Vines, and even though I'm way out of practice, I do my best to represent English teachers everywhere and ask a couple of essay questions. :-) We also discuss the wonders of outside, Beth's best skincare tips (I totally pictured Mel taking notes as fast as that GIF of a cat typing), and the pros of getting older.
We recorded this episode last week before we knew how drastically COVID-19 was about to change "normal life" as many of us have known it. It occurred to me when I was editing this episode that the Lord's timing is kind - because Beth provides so much wisdom and encouragement and joy in this episode. We don't know about y'all, but we could use an extra dose of all of the above right now, and we're so grateful to Beth for providing it.
Hope y'all enjoy!
- The picture Beth mentions in our discussion about trellises and the Cross
- A Night with Beth Moore (this was Tuesday, March 17th in Houston, and several people have told me that Beth's message is amazing and I have to watch - so I am planning to do that tonight!)
- Scentbird (promo code BIGBOO for 30% off your first order)
- Care/of (promo code BIGBOOCAST50 for 50% off your first order)
- YogaSleep (use this link for 20% off)