Tue, 29 September 2020
Normally Melanie and I try to show some restraint during college football season, but this week, between the start of SEC football, Mike Leach's coaching debut with Mississippi State, and my Bulldogs winning in Baton Rouge, WE HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY. Thank you in advance for your patience with us during this very exciting time.
In addition to talking about football, football, and LO, MORE FOOTBALL, we discuss my day-o-fun at a student leadership retreat and five of Melanie's current favorites.
- Spotify Time Capsule playlist (this is the one Spotify made for me - but any Spotify user has one)
- Hydrant (use promo code BIGBOO at checkout for 25% off your first order)
- Prose (use the link for 15% off your purchase and a free in-depth hair quiz)
- Best Fiends - download on the App Store or Google Play
- Living Proof Live Simulcast (use promo code BIGBOO5 for $5 off your simulcast ticket) (this is always one of our favorite events of the year!)
Wed, 23 September 2020
If listening to Melanie and me troubleshoot our technical issues is your idea of quality podcast material, then this, my friends, is going to be the episode of your dreams. Our ish-ahs are thanks to a clicking noise that I believe to be the result of a short in one of Melanie's USB ports, but what matters most, I think, is that Melanie's reactions to the whole situation are SOLID GOLD.
In addition to our showing off our technical prowess, we also spend some time in this episode talking about SEC football, homegating food, Coach O's Power Hour, the delightfulness of dresses, and Melanie's 162nd closet cleanout of 2020.
Hope y'all enjoy!
- Beach Read by Emily Henry
- Sophie's latest dress BFF (Melanie would say to wait until it's on sale - which is what I did)
- Hydrant (use promo code BIGBOO to save 25%)
- Acorn (use promo code BIGBOO to get your first 30 days for free)
- FabFitFun (use promo code BIGBOO to get $10 off your first FFF box)
Wed, 16 September 2020
If you listened to last week's episode, then you won't be surprised to learn that the first thing we address on this episode is WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED WITH THE BOOTIES? It might well be the biggest cliffhanger in the history of our little podcast. Our own version of Who Shot JR?, only with shoes. And no oil fortune. And no guns. But other than that, IDENTICAL.
In addition to a booties update, we talk about foot problems, Perry's upcoming 50th birthday, books, and my new favorite socks. And of course we talk about high school football and college football because we sort of enjoy it. You may have picked up on that.
Thanks for listening, y'all!
- Marc Fisher Oshay booties (Melanie got them 1/2 price in Cloud)
- Farm Rio Benicia wide-legged pants (I got these on sale, and Melanie would tell everybody to wait patiently because they will go on sale again)
- Our friend and business coach Retha, who is determined to make me develop routines so that I better manage my time :-)
- The meme Alex posted (ALL IN FUN, everyone - ALL IN FUN)
- Ted Lasso on AppleTV+
- Erin Moon's Faith Adjacent episode about Hamilton
- Native (use promo code BIGBOO for 20% off your first order)
- Prose (use this link for your free in-depth hair quiz and 15% off)
- Care/of (use promo code BIGBOO50 for 50% off your first order)
Wed, 9 September 2020
You'll be shocked to know that we talk about football on this episode (including our favorite stay-up-to-read-the-post-game-news wins), and we also break down a little <em>Real Housewives</em> because, well, WE ARE STILL IN A PANDEMIC.
On top of all that excitement, we discuss what we're reading, five things I'm enjoying right now, and the harrowing situation with Mel's most recent booties order from Nordstrom.
Please do enjoy.
- KiwiCo (get 30% off your first month plus FREE shipping on any crate line)
- Thrive Market (use the link to start your risk-free membership and receive a gift up to $22 in value)
Wed, 2 September 2020
Well, it only took us thirteen years, but here we are at episode 200. Won't He do it? On average we have cranked out 15.38 episodes a year since 2007, and if you're thinking that doesn't seem like a lot, you're exactly right. This might be a good time to point you in the direction of 2010 and 2012, when we managed to record one whole episode each year. Bless it.
Anyway, our 200th episode is pretty much just like all the other episodes (this feels right, doesn't it?). We talk about Melanie's weekend in College Station and my thoughts about The Heir Affair (I finally finished reading it) and five things Melanie has really enjoyed this past week. We also discuss my search for a new pair of sneakers and how Melanie's guidance on this particular issue has been invaluable (that is to say: I HAVE FOUND A WINNER).
Finally, keep your eyes on our Instagram accounts this week - because we have a couple of fun giveaways planned to celebrate the big 200. We can't thank you enough for being such loyal listeners. You have supported and encouraged us (lo, even in 2010 and 2012), and we are deeply grateful that you make time to listen every week.
- Our very first podcast episode on August 25, 2007 (what tickles me the most is how slow we talked and how quiet we were - clearly the mothers of some pre-schoolers who were sleeping)
(Be on the lookout for some exciting 200th episode giveaways!)
- Paul Green Candice slip-on platform sneaker (these are the ones I got - and my goodness they are comfortable)
- Nike CruzrOne (I ordered these because they're wider than the average Nike shoe - and I can confirm that they are suuuuper comfortable)
- NoteCube (20% off with promo code BIGBOO)
- Best Fiends (download in the Apple App Store or on Google Play)