Sun, 29 July 2018
Well, our good friend Travis Cottrell is back with us this week, and oh, do we have a fine time. However, since y'all know how we like to pride ourselves on technological excellence, you might as well be aware that apparently my microphone wasn't completely plugged in for this episode. So be forewarned that I sound considerably more tin-ny than normal. DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED, however, because Melanie and Travis managed to get their microphones connected and it all works out fine in the end.
On this episode we talk about our sleeping preferences (pillows, comforter weight, side of bed, etc.) and prove once and for all that Melanie and I are not low-maintenance individuals. Melanie also shares her surefire method for hacking hotel thermostats, and my enthusiasm for this bit of information probably reveals more about me than I'd like. We also answer more of your questions and cover a whole lot of conversational ground (you have never seen three people agonize more over their hypothetical guests to a hypothetical dinner party than we do).
Plus, Neil Diamond shows up. Please do enjoy.
Here's where you can get more info on the stuff / products / places we mention:
- The Popcast Live Show in Chicago (we can't wait!)
- Our Big Boo Cast t-shirts from Milk and Honey Tees (and for the record, this shirt is CRAZY soft)
- Schneider. You're welcome.
- PrepDish (promo code BIGBOO for two free weeks)
- Care/of (promo code BIGBOO for 25% off your first month)
Sat, 21 July 2018
Our good friend Travis Cottrell is with us on this episode, and we have ourselves a blast. We talk about workout needs of extroverts vs. introverts, we hear about Travis' recent regional airline experience, and we answer a bunch of fun questions that people asked on Instagram.
Also, please excuse the many phone alerts / dings / beeps that occur in the first part of the episode. We didn't get our phones under control before we started to record, so it takes a few minutes for all three of us to SILENCIO LOS TELEFONOS. We trust this is the level of professionalism to which you've grown accustomed.
- 9 Round
- Jo Malone London Wood Sage & Sea Salt (Melanie's favorite)
- Jo Malone London Lime Basil & Mandarin (Sophie's favorite)
- Casper (promo code BIGBOO for $50 off select mattresses; terms & conditions apply)
- Simple Contacts (promo code BIGBOO20 for $20 off your first order)
Tue, 17 July 2018
All righty, y'all - this is our Very Special <em>Southern Charm</em> Finale Re-cap. We talk about so many things: Craig, Kathryn & Shep, white tie attire, Patricia's pet caftans, Chelsea & Austen, and last but not least - the train wreck that is Ashley and Thomas.
WE HAVE SOME THOUGHTS.
And then, after we wrap up our Southern Charm discussion, we talk about several other shows we're watching and enjoying / pondering. Yay for TV!
- The Entire Real Housewives Franchise (the guiltiest of guilty TV pleasures)
- The Staircase (this is a true crime documentary - not for kids - difficult to watch in parts)
- Get Me Roger Stone (there's bad language - but an interesting, if disheartening, look at political campaign strategy)
- I Am Not Your Guru (there's bad language - but fascinating from the perspective of people in search of emotional / spiritual freedom through self-help)
- The Handmaid's Tale (read up on this one before you watch...because of the subject matter it is not for everyone and definitely not for kids or young teenagers)
- FabFitFun (use promo code BIGBOO for $10 off your first subscription box)
- Casper (use promo code BIGBOO for $50 off select mattresses; terms & conditions apply)
- PrepDish (use promo code BIGBOO for 2 free weeks!)