Wed, 26 August 2020
Well, if you've wondered over the last week if the Kale Boss was in fact the boss of our friend Melanie, you'll be happy to hear this week's juice cleanse update. You might also be interested to hear my update on our first high school football game of the season, which was a happy return to a little something we like to call a LIVE SPORTING EVENT. What a marvelous concept that is.
On top of all that, we talk about what shoe works best with a wide cropped pant, what pajamas I'm renaming "loungewear" so I can wear them as actual pants, and what five things have become long-term favorites for me over the last few weeks.
Basically what we have for you this week is good times aplenty. Except maybe that whole Kale Boss situation. Hope you enjoy!
- Our friend Retha (she is also our podcast business manager / boss)
- FabFitFun (coupon code BIGBOO for $10 off your first order)
- NoteCube (promo code BIGBOO for 20% off)
Tue, 18 August 2020
Sometimes we don't get a chance to talk about a regular-ole-life something that's going on until we sit down to record on Mondays, and that was certainly the case this week. Melanie shares some newly formed health / fitness goals, and I think the best way to describe my response is SURLIGHTED (surprised + delighted). Oh my goodness. Next week's update should be solid gold.
We also discuss a parenting question we didn't get to last week re: technology as well as the lingering effects of my renewed commitment to the chemical exfoliation of my face. It has been humbling and also very burn-y.
Hope y'all enjoy!
- Native (promo code BIGBOO for 20% off your first order)
Wed, 12 August 2020
Not long before we recorded this week's episode, I posted on Instagram and asked if y'all had any broad topics you wanted us to cover. To absolutely no one's surprise, college football the #1 answer - followed by parenting, friendship, and home.
SO. We structured this episode (well, "structured" might be a strong word - maybe just "loosely organized") around those four topics, and we used some of your specific questions to do that. You won't see many show notes because we didn't talk about many specific products or people or shows or crepe erasing neck creams. We mainly just talked about life, and that is always fine by us.
Hope y'all enjoy!
- Athleta Farollon Stratum Joggers (please go on sale please go on sale)
- Ohio State in the SEC? (we don't think this will actually happen - but the idea is an interesting one)
- KiwiCo (use this link for 30% off your first order and free shipping)
- Acorn.tv (use the promo code BIGBOO for 30 days free)
- Crayola School Mask Pack (Alex loves these, by the way - he's a fan of the adjustable ear straps and thinks the masks are really comfortable)
Wed, 5 August 2020
After spending the last two weeks with delightful, wise, funny guests (thanks, Mike Leach and Phil Rosenthal), we’re back to our usual shenanigans on this episode. It’s just Melanie and me, and we talk about the comfort of a good caftan, the practical side of going back to work (for example, I can no longer spend my days in walking tights and t-shirts), and the joy of finally finding a dry shampoo that exceeds expectations.
We also discuss how I really showed my Enneagram 9-ness in terms of anticipating the transition back to work, and Melanie gives an update on the antelope that used to live in her living room.
If that weren’t enough (is it, though?), we talk about make-up and TV.
- Last Chance U (not for the children)
- Yellowstone (not for the children)
- Prose dry shampoo (use this link for 15% off your first order)
- (Lisa Whittle's original caftan home run, just FYI)
- Amiyrah Martin also loves a good caftan
- Best Fiends (download on Apple Podcasts or Google Play)
- Hello Fresh (promo code BIGBOO80 for $80 off your first box and free shipping)
- Margaret M (promo code BIGBOO25 for 25% off your first order)