Wed, 30 December 2020
Lo, it is our last episode of 2020, and right out of the gate Melanie comes in strong by sharing catchphrase she's heard for 2021. I have a feeling that this episode won't be the last time we reference it. Besides the catchphrase fun, we talk about our respective Christmases, my deep affection for a new year, and we also discuss what three product discoveries from 2020 we plan to carry with us into 2021.
Oh! And I share a recipe for an easy dip I made on Christmas day, plus we discuss the challenges of new technology at this stage of life, and Melanie shares her five favorites.
- Vidalia Onion Dip (made it for the first time in forever this Christmas and remembered why we love it)
- Cuisinart Coffee Center (update as I'm editing this episode: we have finally figured out our best strategy for a great pot of coffee - 12 cups of cold, filtered water and 8 large scoops (that's 16 tablespoons) of ground coffee)
- Living Proof Dry Volume Blast (Melanie's hair MVP)
- COOP Home Goods Pillow (a for sure 2020 MVP)
- @heymadinelson on Instagram
- Pipette (use code BIGBOO for 30% off your order)
- Hello Fresh (use code BIGBOO90 for $90 off and free shipping)
Wed, 16 December 2020
This week I share a terrible (okay - not really terrible - just exasperating) thing that happened when I had to go to Walmart and Target on the same day, and Melanie analyzes the Aggies' College Football Playoff chances. We also have a discussion about Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash, only I call it Sierra Mist Cranberry Blast, and clearly I have reached a point in my life where I just make up my own names for familiar products.
And as a public service to readers everywhere, Melanie makes some book suggestions that feature war / espionage as a backdrop for brave actions by gritty heroines, and I share my Five Favorites. Only I forgot to include the Five Favorites background music. I hope you can forgive me.
Please do enjoy, everyone.
- Beatriz Williams (she has tons of books; Melanie mentioned three: A Hundred Summers, Golden Hour, and Along the Infinite Sea)
- If you attended the live show back in the summer, message our friend Retha on Instagram and she'll pass along a special code just for summer attendees
- Sanctuary Project jewelry (use promo code SANC25 for 25% off)
- NuCalm (use this link for 50% off your first 30-day subscription)
- Magic Spoon (use the code BIGBOO for free shipping)
- FabFitFun (use the code BIGBOO for $10 off)
- KiwiCo (use promo code BIGBOO for 50% off and free shipping)
Wed, 9 December 2020
This week we talk about weather (yes, we are 107), some fun fashion memories, and college football because if we didn't talk about college football then the world would surely stop spinning on its axis.
We also share part of this month's Closer Look episode from Patreon - with special guest Travis Cottrell. As many of y'all know, Travis is one of our very favorite people - and he happens to be a huge fan of 80's music. You'll hear the 80's music part of our Patreon discussion on this episode, and you'll also see a link to Travis' 80's Duets Playlist in the Show Notes below.
And on top of all that: Melanie shares Five Favorites.
Hope y'all enjoy!
- A great Barefood Dreams alternative (I decided the Barefoot Dreams options were way too long for Martha - and this style is much more her speed) (please don't tell her that this is one of her presents) :-)
- Magic Spoon (use promo code BIGBOO for free shipping)
- Storyworth (use this link for $10 off your first purchase)
- Hydrant (use promo code BIGBOO for 25% off your first order)
- Acorn (use promo code BIGBOO for 30 days free)
Wed, 2 December 2020
Well naturally we kick off this week's episode with a Thanksgiving weekend recap in general and a college football recap in particular (you should expect no less from us in late November / early December). We also talk through a fairly extensive list of shows we've been watching, and Melanie fills us in on her family's recent trip to the Christmas tree lot - among other Christmas-related dramas.
On top of all that delightfulness (is it? let's pretend it is, okay?), we're back in it with Five Favorites this week, and one of them is the old Instagram because the new Instagram is garbage. We sound like we're 102 when we talk about how WE DON'T LIKE THE CHANGES, and we're okay with that.
- COOP Home Goods Pillow - OUR FAVORITE
- Hello Fresh (IT IS A BLESSING TO MY SOUL) (use promo code BIGBOO90 for $90 off your first order) (I LOVE IT)
- Sakara (use promo code BIGBOO for $20 off your first order of the Prenatal)
- NoteCube (use code BIGBOO for 20% off)
- Best Fiends (download in the Apple App Store or on Google Play)